Saturday, November 12, 2011

Amy Court Training

Hello! I am Amy Court, a School Social Worker from USU. My job is to help the children at Wilson Elementary by providing services that improve social and emotional development. I also assist with family issues and other mental health needs. I will be implementing some Second Step groups that teach social skills, behavior management, and violence prevention. I am also available for different types of counseling and consultation. October is National Bully Prevention month and I gave a school-wide presentation, training Wilson’s students on how to stop a Bully and how to become a Buddy. We talked about the typical things that bullies do and what kinds of things buddies can do. Ask your child to tell you about the 3 steps for bully prevention: STOP, WALK, and TALK. We also discussed the use of the new “Buddy Box”…a locked box kept in the office where students can drop notes about bully problems not being resolved. If you would like to know more, please feel free to contact me at the school. 755-2340 ext. 4010. You can also email me anytime at amy.court@loganschools.org

No comments:

Post a Comment